Monday, July 26, 2010

Hope

Well, here we are, more than half way there! This pic was taken last week. I can't seem to get on track here with my blog. I feel like reading everyone else's but struggle to find the words for my own. Can I just say that I feel huge? I'm definitely bigger with this pregnancy, which they say is common. Don't get me wrong, I'm not fretting over it, but simply stating the observation of myself and others. *Insert eyes rolling here* between the stupid things people say regarding baby loss and the stupid things people say to pregnant ladies I feel like I could write a book! I just don't care much for being the center of attention- I never have.

Anyway, off my soapbox now. I'm feeling a tremendous amount of hope these days. My cervical checks have remained steady, I feel great and I am starting to believe that I will bring this baby home. That belief is not based on anything scientific, I haven't made it past "the milestone," and no doctor has guaranteed (not that they can) that she will be a baby-to-go. That's why it's called hope..."But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently." Romans 8:24-25
"Find rest o my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him." Psalm 62:5
I haven't reached this place by my own doing but by the Holy Spirit. All along God was waiting for me to grab hold of His gift of hope, but I was reluctant to recieve it. Instead I was only seeing through the lenses of my expirience. I am still reminded of all that could go wrong and often, however; thankfully, I am able to plan as though nothing will.

3 comments:

  1. <3 you look very cute to me...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just perfectly round! Hoping that you got the rainbow today! If not, maybe tomorrow.

    Love,
    STeph

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad everything is going well! Thinking of you.

    XX

    ReplyDelete